Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Winter Wonderland




What a magnificent piece of art; if only this were art, I'd hang you on my wall. 
And transparent…soothing…ah yes…despite the cold. Cold... no, as a matter of fact I don’t feel the cold.
The streets are emanating up a slope and going in many directions. It’s peaceful down here in the valley, in the village far away from home.
Bright and lively, the soft white snowflakes cascading down to the ground like little puffs of clouds emerging from the skies and layering the town. How gratifying it is to be emerged in such beauty as the nature of a flake, a simple, light, cool piece of nature.
To the left fork there is a small pond or pool centered in a concrete slab in front of a gazebo. You can still smell the aroma of what was…….
Each street that you look up is a piece of heaven…a serene calming beauty about it. If only the shops were open, I’d find myself with a cup of latte or such, expounding in a conversation with an intelligent lot of sorts. Recounting the endless possibilities we might emerge in next.
Maybe I’ll come here often, now that I’ve found a place to hide, and maybe I’ll invite a guest at times of need.
Or maybe it is a place meant only for me.

Copyright (c) 2000 Liane M. Klampfl, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment